Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Empire in the Stars"

Whether there really is an empire in the stars is for you to determine for yourself.  The song is an instrumental so it's not going to tell you.  While I strongly believe it's there and any look into the night sky gives pretty clear evidence of it but that's still not something for me to say.

This will be one to record but I don't have a solid lead on where to put it so you can hear it.  Blogs aren't intelligent enough to support the kind of code I write to deliver that type of material so I don't have a good answer just now.

One way to present the song is with video but I'm not too excited about the idea.  People thought Clapton was a god ... until they saw what he looked like.  I don't mean to take anything away from his genius but rather I'm saying that giving away the mythos shouldn't be done too lightly.

Playing this afternoon went well as I'm pulling more power out of the guitar (i.e. it's pulling more power out of me) and the sound is starting to come to something that's got some stones to it.  The time is now almost 2:00 p.m. when everything goes quiet and I like that tradition plus it tells people if they don't like what I'm playing that it will stop soon.

No comments: